Monday, March 30, 2009

Granny fabulous

I was doing my daily blog read earlier when i came across something quite interesting on The Portmanteau. A couple of years ago my granny sent me a cheque for my birthday and i decided i wanted to buy something really special with it. So off i went to Jenny Vander, by far the best vintage shop in Dublin, to see what i could pick up. I know it can be a bit pricey on occasion but to me it's like being transported back in time to an era when everything just seemed so much more fabulous. And, they're always so lovely in there. Anyways, when i saw this particular item i knew it was exactly what i had been looking for.


The interesting thing however is that this woman (from Advanced Style) has the same bag, be it a different design. Turns out her bag is by Enid Collins an American designer from the 60's. I got very excited reading about these bags here but unfortunately i don't think mine is an original as there are no markings on it. Ah well, still very exciting though.


I have been browsing ebay and there is a great selection. She did some really great wooden box bags as well. Hello new bag obsession.




Cat

1 comment:

The Portmanteau said...

Such a fabulous granny. I love the little owl on your bag.
Nx